LAST UPDATED 1/12/20
We take the collection of your personal information seriously. Platinum Finance Limited and any of its related companies, brands, entities or affiliates (referred to as “Platinum Finance”, “we”, “our” or “us”) complies with New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020, which deals with the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information, and the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, New Zealand’s ‘anti-spam’ legislation.
Where personal information is provided to us, Platinum Finance maintains and uses that information in strict conformity with the Privacy Act. You have our assurance that we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is protected from misuse or unauthorised disclosure.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information to provide you with the services that you have requested, manage our relationship with you, for the purposes of assessing your application for finance and managing of that finance. We may also collect your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and managing our relationship with you. From time to time we may offer you other products and services.
To enable us to maintain a successful business relationship with you, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us. We may also disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may have or is considering having an interest in your finance, or in our business.
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information about you and your interactions with us, for example, when you request or use our products or services, phone us or visit any of our websites. When you use our website or mobile applications, we may collect information about your location or activity including your IP address, telephone number and whether you’ve accessed third-party sites. Some of this website information we collect using cookies.
This may include information collected directly from you and information that you authorise us to collect from third parties.
It is not mandatory for you to provide us with the personal information that we request – however if you do not do so it may affect the products and services that we can provide to you.
Platinum Finance does not generally disclose personal information to any other party unless:
- consent is given by you
- it is required or authorised by law
- it is necessary to complete a business transaction
Personal Information may be disclosed where consent has been obtained. Consent may be received directly from a client, from a third party, or may be implied from a client’s conduct.
Personal Information may be required in accordance with taxation law, or under subpoena to a Court of Law.
Personal Information is only disclosed to parties outside Platinum Finance where it is required to complete business activities. Some examples where this may occur are:
- To Lenders for the completion of loan applications
- To Credit Reporting agencies, Introducers, Lender’s Insurance companies, Valuers, Debt Collection Agencies, Government Authorities including District Councils, and Insurance Companies.
- To the Broker, Introducer who originally serviced your needs
- Specialist advisers, such as Accountants and Solicitors (both yours and ours)
Additionally, we may use other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, such as sending correspondence (including mail and emails), or processing payments. They will have access to your personal information needed to perform the relevant services, but we will not authorise them to use your information for any other purposes.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our website, apply for a loan through us, or otherwise make enquiries of us, we may request you provide us with personal information, such as, but not limited to:
- your name;
- email address;
- telephone numbers;
- credit or debit card details;
- bank account details;
- details of your employment (including income levels and employer’s name); and
- driver licence number
- assets, expenses, income, revenue, dependents,
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as credit reporters, credit agencies, referees, your present, future or former employer, any other creditor you have, and any former creditor. This may also include relevant information regarding your employment, financial and business dealings and other relevant events;
When you provide us with your personal information, you are consenting to our use of such information and our right to disclose it to third parties.
When you visit our website, we may also collect more information, such as:
- details of your Internet service provider;
- the name of the web page directing you to our website;
- your activity on our site; and
- browser type and operating system.
This information is used in a combined manner to analyse how visitors use our site so we can improve our service.
This is collected using a small ‘cookie’ file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies have the potential to help us improve and enhance your service experience. If you do not want your computer to receive new cookies, you can ask your browser not to accept them. This function is possible under the ‘Help’ section of most browsers. If you choose to prevent cookies being accepted, you may not be able to access some pages.
Bank Verification Service: Our bank verification service allows you to authorise us to obtain copies of your most recent bank statements for the purposes of assessing your loan application. Our authorisation to utilise the bank verification service will be only valid for a specific loan application. Our bank verification service does not provide Platinum Finance with access to or the ability to store the login details of customers.
Overseas Credit Reporting Agencies: Where we engage an overseas credit reporting agency, we will take steps to ensure that your information is protected by the same, or higher, safeguards as provided by the Privacy Act 2020.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use information about you for purposes including:
- giving you information about loan products or related services;
- considering whether you are eligible for a loan or any related service you requested;
- processing the application and providing an application to suitable lenders or related services;
- administering your loan or any related service, for example, to answer requests or deal with complaints;
- confirming your identity;
- telling you about other products or services us or our related companies make available and that may be of interest to you, unless you tell us not to;
- allowing us to run our business efficiently and to perform administrative and operational tasks;
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by law, regulation or codes binding it; and
- any purpose to which you have consented.
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from us. We will process your request as soon as practicable.
We may also use credit information about you to:
- enable an insurer to assess the risk of providing insurance to the lender or to address the lender’s arrangements with the insurer;
- assess acceptance of a guarantor or the risk of a guarantor being unable to meet their obligations to a lender;
- consider hardship requests;
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- to prospective funders/ lenders or other intermediaries in relation to your finance requirements;
- to the loan provider that considers the application or administers your loan;
- to relevant insurers relating to the application or that gives cover to the lender for your loan;
- to other related and unrelated organisations that are involved in managing or administering your finance such as third party suppliers, printing and postal services, call centres;
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
- to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to anybody who represents you, such as finance brokers, financial planners, lawyers and accountants;
- to anyone, where you have provided us with consent;
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under the AML/ CTF Act;
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business;
- credit reporting bodies;
- organisations that are involved in debt collecting or in purchasing debts;
- organisations, like fraud reporting agencies, that may identify, investigate and/or prevent fraud, suspected fraud, crimes, suspected crimes, or other serious misconduct;
- organisations involved in surveying or registering a security property or which otherwise have an interest in a security property;
- government or regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law. In some instances, these bodies may share the information with relevant foreign authorities;
- rating agencies to the extent necessary to allow the rating agency to rate particular investments;
- organisations involved in securitising your loan, including re-insurers and underwriters, loan servicers, trust managers, trustees and security trustees;
- guarantors and prospective guarantors of your loan;
- the borrowers or the prospective borrowers of the loan you guarantee;
- payment system operators to allow us to investigate or correct payments on your loan;
- to your employer, referees or identity verification services; and/ or
- to provide you with targeted advertising based on your online activities.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
- the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment, or
- you have consented to us in making the disclosure.
SENDING PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Generally, we use services located within New Zealand. However, we may send your information overseas, including to overseas service providers or other third parties who operate or hold data outside New Zealand. Where we do this, we take reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. Please note that New Zealand law (as applicable) may not apply to some of these entities.
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. We may store information about you in other types of networked or electronic storage. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside New Zealand.
We may disclose information about you to overseas entities including related entities and service providers located in the Asia-Pacific, European Union, India or the United States of America (‘USA’).
Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information shared with them under a foreign law. In those instances, the organisation, described above, that disclosed the information to the overseas organisation will not be responsible for that disclosure.
Where we send your information to overseas service providers, we take reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place.
USE OF GOVERNMENT IDENTIFIERS
If we collect government identifiers, such as your IRD number, we do not use or disclose this information other than required by law. We will never use a government identifier in order to identify you.
By providing us with your personal information you consent to us contacting you by email, SMS, or telephone. We will not be responsible if any message is received by another person who has access to your computer, mobile phone, or telephone. You may elect not to receive marketing material by clicking unsubscribe or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If and when you interact with us via our social media including, but not limited to, following, liking, commenting, or mentioning us, we are able to have access to your interactions and profile information. We, as well as these social media providers, may use this information to track usage, analyse data, deliver targeted advertising, and see how people interact with our content. we may also use this information in order to communicate with you. Even if you remove your interaction, we still have access to this information.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
GOOGLE WEB FONTS
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR AFFILIATES
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not owned by us or under our control. These links are provided for your convenience only and providing the link does not represent sponsorship, association, endorsement, or approval of these websites.
We have no responsibility for linked websites, their privacy policies and practices, or their communication with you, and provide them solely for your information and convenience. These websites have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to review them. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from another website, you will need to contact the administrator of the relevant website.
KEEPING IT ACCURATE
It is essential that personal information is accurate and kept up to date at all times to effectively conduct our business activities, so we will contact a client to determine if any personal details have changed. Please contact us at any time to update your personal information, or to advise us that information held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
You may request access to any of your personal information we hold. You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected. If you wish to do this, you can contact us on the email provided.
We will usually provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you, however in certain circumstances we may not be able to provide you with a copy of your personal information (and are not required to under the Privacy Act), for example if the information does not exist, cannot be found or is not readily retrievable.
LIMITING USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt Out: Platinum Finance complies strictly with New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020 which, in part, deals with the holding and use of personal information. In line with the Privacy Act, Platinum Finance ensures that you must consent to receiving marketing information and you may opt-out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by sending us an email. If you opt out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, we will do our utmost to respect this request once we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request.
Data Breach Reporting: We will comply with the mandatory data breach reporting regime under the Privacy Act, which will require us to notify the Privacy Commissioner and you if any data breach causes or is likely to cause serious harm to you.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION WE REQUIRE
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information we have requested from you, we may not be able to complete your registration as a Borrower, and we may be unable to approve your application for a loan, or to provide you with any of the other services or information, including a quotation for the cost of credit, you are seeking from us.
- ‘references to you or your means the person accessing and using the Website and/or our services;
- references to the singular include the plural, and vice versa;
- ‘references to a person include an individual, company, corporation, partnership, firm, joint venture, association, trust, unincorporated body of persons, governmental or other regulatory body, authority or entity, in each case whether or not having a separate legal identity;
- references to any party (including us) includes any permitted assignee or transferee; and any reference to Platinum Finance Limited includes any back up servicer entity appointed to replace it;
- references to any document (however described) are references to that document as modified, novated, supplemented, varied or replaced from time to time and in any form, whether on paper or in an electronic form; and
- a reference to any legislation is a reference to that legislation as amended or replaced from time to time, and includes any regulations or legislative instrument made under it.